My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

... formerly known as Strider. It’s an old joke instigated by a girlfriend back in college. I used to be seen hiking through the snow wearing a floppy hat and carrying a walking staff ... the whole thing. Much has changed since then.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Grandma Hop's Raisin Cookies

Back to cookies.
This is a spice/raisin cookie. The date on this recipe is August 1951.

1 cup butter (or oleo)
1½ cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
½ tsp ground cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
2 level tsp baking soda in ¼ cup hot water
3¼ cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup ground raisins

Mix well and drop a tablespoon onto cookie pan.
Bake at 400° F for 9 to 10 minutes.
Makes 6 to 7 dozen cookies.

You may wish to soak the raisins in hot water before grinding them.
My mom used a cast iron meat grinder to grind the raisins. I now use a similar attachment on my food processor.